Immigration >
Canadian Experience Class

Everyone's situation is unique, and the article below should be used for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. The article SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON as legal advice, nor is it intended to create a solicitor-client relationship. If you are charged with an offence, please retain and instruct counsel immediately. I do not guarantee the accuracy of any articles on this website and reserve the right to change its contents without notice. For more information please refer to the website's usage policy.

Important Note: There are changes coming to the Canadian Experience Class beginning January 2015. Details of the new system will be posted when available.

The Canadian Experience Class is useful for international students nearing the end of their term who are eligible for a post graduation work permit. It allows students with specific job experience 

The Canadian Experience Class allows individuals with qualifying work experience to apply to become permanent residents in Canada. You need to have 12 months of work experience (full time or equivalent part time), not intend to live in Quebec, meet language requirements, and have worked with proper authorization within the past 3 years of the application.

Lastly,  the work you do must be eligible and fall under one of these categories:  

  • Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

In order to find out if your job qualifies as NOC skill type 0, A or B, you must consult the NOC chart found on Human Resource and Skills Development Canada. A cook, for example, would be NOC skill level 6 type B. 

Unsure if you qualify? Book an appointment today to find out!

Learn More:


Need help with your Canadian Experience Class applicationClick here to book an appointment today!

Useful For:

  1. International Students
  2. People With Prior Work Experience
  3. Work Permit Holders